The Town of Golden Beach is an ocean-front community that covers approximately 1.8 square miles +/- and is bounded on the east by the Atlantic Ocean, on the west by the Intracoastal Waterway, on the south by the City of Sunny Isles Beach and on the north by the City of Hallandale Beach. The Town of Golden Beach was incorporated in 1929 and is among the oldest municipalities in Miami-Dade County. The Town was founded and has remained, as one of the purely single-family homes.

Since its incorporation in 1929, Golden Beach has become one of the most desirable places to live in South Florida. This small quiet community has maintained its family lifestyle in a mile-long sanctuary of 364 single-family homes that are mostly located on the Intracoastal and its waterways or directly on the Atlantic Ocean. The Town Charter protects the Town from the commercial activity of any kind and forbids the construction of high-rise condominiums that saturate so many beachfront communities in South Florida.

The sculpted coastline of Golden Beach is home to just over 900 residents living in single-family homes and stately mansions, some with gated entryways, personal boat docks and waterfront space amid private sandy beaches and lush vegetation. Architecturally, the Spanish Colonial Revival style is prevalent, exemplified by pale stucco and tiled roofs set against a backdrop of swaying palm trees and sunny skies. Elegantly landscaped recreational space is easily accessible for Golden Beach residents, with several parks, athletic courts, and outdoor areas along Golden Beach Drive and Ocean Boulevard. The area's historic beach pavilion has been recently renovated with new furniture and facades as well as wireless internet access, and there are three additional parks within the borders of Golden Beach. John Tweddle Park has two tennis courts, a basketball court, a children's playground, and a picnic shelter. North Park and South Park, located on the sculpted peninsulas between Golden Beach's three islands, offer a ball field and passive recreational area.